Hey guys...I'm alive, I'm alive.
It's been quiet around here huh!? :) GOSH there is so much to update y'all on...and SO much I need to blog but I'm in the middle of a maze at the moment ringing bells at my check-ins and haven't found my way out just yet to breathe. I don't want to make this a post about how busy I've been...I don't and I'm not.
I actually wanted to pop in here for a minute to talk about my hard-working, handsome husband, Drew.
Yep. This guy right here.
I know, I know, I just heard you say, "Rawwwr!" Can't say I blame ya! ;)
I admit, I brag about his hot pants all the time and I know it goes without saying how much I love this man. However, I really wanted to take a minute to tell you guys how hard this guy really works. I mean, just HARD. I don't know how he does it. He's the hardest working man I know.
You see, he started a new job with the state a week before we moved out of our home back in March. Starting a new job isn't easy, and you're tired. It goes without saying. We've all done it. Your brain is fried from learning new material all day, and when you get home, you just want to go to bed. But, Drew didn't have a choice. This guy moved about 90% of our home (me the other 10%, also known as the lighter objects), and he did this in three days. Three. He lifted all the heavy, with my assistance of sorts, and I honestly didn't think we were going to make it. I cried, I panted, I screamed, I had some really sweet moments. ;) But Drew? He just kept going, with none of that. Maybe a few grunts and farts or so, you know, typical man things...but it wowed me just to witness this.
When he took his new job, he pretty much signed up to have a long commute to work, which has totaled up to about 1.5 to 2 hours of this guy sitting in downtown traffic, every. single. day. Once he gets home at 6 to 6:30, sometimes even 7, he's dripping in sweat because he takes my car to work to save on gas...and my car has been without an AC for almost 4 years now. So, he comes home, exhausted from a long day at work, a long day of deligating house work phone calls, a long day in the car, sweating, hot, (but still sexy) he walks in the door with a smile, hug and kiss waiting for me, and sometimes he might grab a beer, but after that, the guy is in his work clothes, ready to head back to the house to work on it. On his lunch break, he's either at Home Depot, Lowes or the gym.
This guy has installed our living room floors, our tile in the laundry room, half bathroom, the floors in the hallway, two closets, AND our master bedroom. He's installed the trim (not fun), and he's in the middle of caulking it all right now (again, not fun and A LOT of ground to cover). I've seen this guy put in more blood (trust me, we have proof), more sweat, more "man" tears (he would say it's still sweat haha), more frustration, yet, the most patience I have ever in my life witnessed.
While all of his friends are cracking open a beer after work, at a team Happy Hour, relaxing on the couch complaining about the long day they had (I feel ya here, I feel ya here people!) this guy is still working, and non-stop at that.
We both come home at about 11 or 12 at night (every night), and he's up at 6 am and out the door at 6:30 to head back to work. Weekends? He's working along side me for Love, The Nelsons. He hasn't had a break...and he hasn't complained NOT ONCE. Not even once. I can't even believe it myself.
I'm exhausted too, no doubt, but when I look at his tired eyes, his rough calloused hands, and the paint, dust, blood and dirt that covers his body...I honestly can't even fathom how he's feeling. I sometimes just stare at him across the house as he's working and want to just cry for him. Just typing out that he's done this, and this, and this isn't enough. It's been hard work y'all. It hasn't been easy. It's tedious, and it's the most time consuming thing in the world. He's done it all by himself. He won't stop until he's finished, and he hasn't taken a break, not once. It's incredible to witness how much he cares about his home, how much he cares if things look perfect, and how he just keeps going through all of this with that beautiful, infectious smile on his face. Saying that he's worked incredibly hard is pretty much the biggest understatement I could give him.
I love this man. I love him so stinking much. I don't think he even realizes how proud I am of him. I'm so thankful for him.
Lucky just doesn't even begin to describe it.