Ahh. It's October! My favorite month of the year. The colors are changing (errr kinda). The leaves are falling. Hot cocoa is frequently in hand. Is it me or is fall the BEST season EVER!? I've always been a fall girl. The scarves, the boots, the cute jackets, the cuddling, the cooler air, the warm soups and Mama's homemade chili...HECK YES Y'ALL! It's here, sort of... (*I'm giving you the stink eye Texas*) but even if Texas wants to cool down and then heat back up...it's Fall in my heart and I'll pretend all I want! :) This weekend the temperatures dropped and boy was it nice! :) Every year I find myself walking outside, closing my eyes and just feeling the change in the weather. It's truly magical for me.
SO! What's this October Goals thing you ask!? WELL, I'm going to start listing goals every month, both personal and professional, both small and big. I feel like by doing this, I can focus on month-to-month tasks which will keep me organized, focused, and inspired. I am a huge list maker, and a big believer in setting goals for yourself. Hopefully by doing this, I can keep myself accountable and check things off one month at a time! :)
Welcome to this little introduction to my blog love bugs. I'm excited to share and please, hold me accountable will you!?! :)
1. Go to the pumpkin patch with Drew, get a BIG fat pumpkin and take LOTS of pictures. We've never been to a pumpkin patch together & every year we say we are going to do it & never do. This is the year we change that and make it happen! (I may or may not be clapping to myself right now...I'm THAT excited!) :)
2. Clean out all of the closets in my house & DE-CLUTTER my house. This makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. All of my closets are just complete DISASTERS. It's time to clean out, throw away and re-organize. Simple is more.
3. Finish organizing my office and REVEAL what I've been working on for the past two months. Can't wait to show you! Insert Goldmember voice here: I LOVEEEE GOLDDD! :)
4. Work out three times a week. I can feel the screams my muscles and cellulite are making as I type this.
5. DRINK MORE WATER.
6. Post all of my summer sessions and weddings on the blog. It's time I need to get my work up. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to do this, but hopefully I can figure out a system and get this done.
7. Only take ONE suitcase to Chicago & Boston. Oh my LAWD is this going to be hard. I think I can. I think I can.
8. Make one homemade meal from scratch and set my dinner table (via candlelight, oh la la) for just Drew and me. :)
9. Do one DIY project & blog about it.
10. Go on a date with Drew and leave my phone at home. Sometimes a social media break is OKAY & much needed, y'all! :)
11. Put pictures in my frames in the house. Say what!? Yes, y'all. I STILL have empty frames ALL around my house. Pathetic, I know!
12. Do a giveaway. Just because. :)
13. Start exploring and brainstorming on a professional project that I've been wanting to do for a really long time. It's time to get serious and figure out how I'm going to do this. 2012 may have been one of the worst years of my life to date, however, I'm so thankful for it as crazy as that sounds. I've learned SO much and I've become closer to our God. I have HUGE hopes that 2013 will be THE year of MAKING THINGS HAPPEN. It's time to prep and go full force. The only person holding myself back is me. And it's time I stop. Move over, self!
So, tell me! What are your October goals!? I'd love to hear them!
Also, do you think I should do a monthly link up for this? I know people set goals for themselves all the time, and probably blog about them here and there. I am just throwing this idea out there...what do you think!? Or do you know of someone who hosts a link-up like this already? I def. don't want to be stepping on someones toes. If you know of someone, please let me know, and it not, this could be fun way for all of us to set goals and hold each other accountable! Just a thought! :) :) :)