Thank y'all SO much for all the sweet comments about my new look! I am so happy with it I could just eat a whole bag of bon bon's and smile the whole time! :)
Life has been hectic lately. I'm learning balance and have a long way to go, but I am making progress, so I guess that's a good thing! :)
Let's SUM of my past week, shall we?
1. Monday: Drew went to the deer lease to see his family and work on feeders, and do the whole clean-up "camp" thing. I opted out and decided to stay behind to catch up on work and get ready for the week. Labor Day for both of us was in fact LABOR day. That's okay though, we're just getting things done, right?
2. Tuesday: My first day with Hey, Sweet Pea. It was SO weird waking up, making myself an omelet, and ENJOYING my coffee awaiting my Skype meeting with Scott. It was THE coolest feeling, ever. No more commute to work and dealing with traffic every morning. No more cubicle walls. No more phone calls with mean people yelling at me. No more walking to the printer to get papers. No more OFFICE SPACE. I got teary eyed a couple of times and texted Drew a million times saying, "Thank you for letting me do this" and "Is this real life? Thank you for being the most supportive husband on the planet. I'm so lucky." As soon as Drew got home, I wrapped up my day with Hey, Sweet Pea and left to go to meet KETRIN. The sweetheart got us tickets to see Def Leppard and it was AMAZING. Poison opened and we saw Brett Michaels. Silly me even said, "Hey, that looks like Brett Michaels!?" and then later realized I was an idiot and that he actually was the leadman for Poison, & not Guns & Roses like I had originally thought. HAHA. DUMB I know. Don't hate me. I'm just an 80's baby. I didn't ACTUALLY listen to music in the "80's" okay!? ;) I knew my Mom would hate me the next day when I told her she lost her chance at love. She pretty much would have Brett Michaels babies...at 57. NO joke. ;) The best part of the night was that Ketrin and I looked like shiny disco balls in a crowd of blackness. EVERYONE wore black. Not us...we wore sparkles cause we're cool like that. We also found our friend Leah who had BALLER seats and Ketrin and I MIGHT have shared a seat...or just stood the whole time so nobody knew our section was on the other side farther away from the stage. Muahahahaw. I got home after midnight, and crashed out like a light.
3. Wednesday I woke up to a quick kiss on the forehead from Drew saying, "I love you, have a safe trip to Dallas!" After he left I woke up in a panic and realized I had an hour to shower, AND pack, AND get gas in order to make it to Lewisville by noon. Surprisingly, I did it and I made it to Dallas in time for my SECOND day with Elise and Scott. Y'all...they are probably THE cutest couple EVER and they were so welcoming. I learned so so so much and I can honestly say, I LOVE MY JOB. We finished out our day and I ended up staying with KRISTEN downtown at her boyfriend Wylie's house. We watched the Cowboys play at Dick's Last Resort, caught up on each other's lives, and just hung out. It was so much fun. Also, Chris has the most bada$$ place too. It's an apartment that feels like a hotel on crack and his view from his shower is literally THE Dallas skyline. I had one of those, "I'm a grown-up moments" while washing my hair that morning getting ready the next day.
4. Thursday: I headed back to Lewisville for my THIRD day with Hey, Sweet Pea and learned even more. I had so much fun getting to know Elise and Scott and sharing our stories. Let's just say the Lord really meant for us to meet. I just love them. I ended up staying the night with Kristen again since I wasn't done with work and visiting until around 7:30 and I absolutely HATE I-35...especially at night. As much as I wanted to get home to see Drew and kiss his face off, we both decided that since he had class until 10:30, and I was exhausted, that it would be best for me to come home early in the morning. So, Kristen insisted I stay (duh) and we had ourselves a GIRL'S NIGHT complete with Yogurtland and The Lucky One. Can I just say, Zac Efron has some purdy eyeballs. I'm just sayinnnn.
5. Friday: I woke up and headed home in my P.J.'s. I ended up waiting in TRAFFIC for 2 hours between Waco and Belton which SUCKEDDDDDD so so so bad...and I ended up getting home at 1. I walked in the house, greeted my baby boys, and set up shop on the couch ready to start my day with HSP. As I was about to start answering e-mails...THEEEE LOUDEST NOISE came from upstairs and I literally froze. It sounded like SOMEONE was up there and knocked over something. The dogs froze and then started barking their heads off so I called Drew and said, "I think someone is in the house!?!?!?!? or something fell over upstairs and I'm too freaking scared to go up there!" He said, "GET OUT NOW" and so then I called my friend AJ who is a cop in the area, and he said, "Shay, seriously call 911." I then argued that I was only 25% sure a person was in my house and he still said to call. SO I did. And like 6 cop cars and cops with HUGE freaking guns showed up at my house. I even told the lady on the phone that I didn't think it was a person but I wasn't sure and that I didn't think it was an emergency but there def. was a LOUD noise that happened upstairs. After about 30 minutes or so, the cops came out and said, "All is clear. Have a nice day and SWEET wall upstairs!?" I about died. "Thank y'all. Sorry to inconvenience you, I just wasn't sure what to do!" THEN, I go back inside, and started my work day. Crazy, right!?
This weekend has been busy, but we've been home trying to knock out things on our TO DO list. I don't have a free weekend until NOVEMBER now so it was nice to get editing done, cleaning done, and I even actually, dare I say it, "RELAXED" for a couple of hours and watched some football.
TOMORROW, be sure to stop by the blog. I am going to show you one of the prettiest places I've ever been. :)
I hope y'all are having an awesome week so far! :) Make it great!