That said, my 26th birthday was wonderful. Laid back, full of friends and sweet messages from all of you. What can be better than that?
Drew started off my morning with smiley face toast. Is that not the cutest thing ever? The boy got up at 6, ran to the store, got bread, butter and jelly...along with some flowers (I only allow him to buy cheap flowers IF he ever feels like getting me flowers because they are so $$$$) and I wake up to him kissing my forhead saying, "Good Morning Sweetie. Happy Birthday!!!!!"
He then handed me my toast like the sweetheart he is. When I went in the kitchen he had flowers and a super sweet card waiting for me. I love this man.
1. Me on my way to work. It's my birthdayyyyyy! Haha.
2. My smiley toast.
3. Drew made me a cake...and I added the blue candles to it so we could make it OUR cake.
4. The boys at work all ended up wearing plaid. I had to laugh and blame it on my awesome birthday! Ha!
Work wasn't bad. My team at work made it enjoyable and even took me out to lunch and had ice-cream cake waiting for me at the end of the day. Everyone clapped at 4:11 p.m. (when yours truly came out smiling and said, "What up world!") and I said..."Guys! I officially made it! I'm alive" and they all sarcastically cheered and laughed. Yeahhhh baby! Hahaha!
1. Kelly and I at lunch :) I love her!
2. The whole gang from work eating at Momji (SOOO good!)
3. My hibachi chicken. Seriously love this plate.
4. The banana tempera the restaurant gave me! YUMMO!
1. Birthday cake from my team at work. #gonnaneedacranetopickmeup
2. Opening the MOST amazing gift ever from Erica...Love you so much!
3. Steak dinnaaaa...This totally trumps the Top Ramen I had the night before.
4. Me with wine mouth (gross) and my handsome husband.
When I got home, Drew and I got dressed up and went to dinner at Salt Grass (one of my favorite steakhouses ever!). We put away our phones (mostly for the benefit of him) and enjoyed ourselves. It had been awhile since we had been on a date so I was loving every minute of it. We had a lot of fun and flirted like two crazy kids. When we got home the goober had two blank canvas', three primary colored paints, paint brushes, and said, "Okay babe...we have to paint a picture and we have to hang it in our house."
What was I to paint? Ohhh, I know. A camera!
He then said, "It has to be something that reminds you of us."
Great. I was brain dead. I could have easily drawn hearts everywhere...and I am artistic...but by this painting. You'd never guess it haha. I was tired...and I went blank. The good news? We had a blast. We painted in silence....until Piper decided to try and paint too. And then we laughed and finished up our paintings.
His cracks me up. It's a canon...that has a camera (me), an xbox remote control (him), a heart (us), and a softball (the sport we play together). I couldn't stop laughing. That boy is hilarious I tell you.
I was unoriginal. I just decided to mix all my paints together and go for black. What do you do when you have no idea what you want to paint and are limited to colors? YOU write stuff.
We ended the night by blowing out my candles.
I love birthdays...and I love you guys. Thank you again for all the birthday wishes. 26 is going to be a good year. I can feel it.
P.s.) I think we are going to hang the pictures in the garage. HAHA.